Hollywood actress Mila Kunis has revealed she had advised her husband and fellow movie star Ashton Kutcher against investing in bitcoin (BTC), but fortunately, he did not follow her advice.
“Early into our dating, two things came up. He was like, ‘Hey, there’s this company. It’s kind of like a rideshare … it’s kind of like a cab company, but anybody can drive the cab,” Kunis said during her recent appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. “I was like, ‘that’s the worst idea ever,” she recalled the Uber pitch.
She was also not impressed by the pitch Kutcher made to her about bitcoin, but years later, she told Colbert her spouse was “really smart at knowing that sometimes, you shouldn’t listen to your wife.”
“Second time, he sat me down, and he was like: ‘Hey, babe, I got to explain this thing to you. Tell me if I’m crazy.”” said Kunis. “He’s like, ‘There’s this thing, it’s like mining for money. It’s called, like, cryptocurrency, and … this is eight-plus years ago — he was like, ‘It’s called Bitcoin,” she told the show’s host.
Kunis argued that investing in the cryptocurrency could bear the major risk as it was not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
“Well, that who’s gonna make sure it’s safe?” Kunis asked. “I was like, ‘Well, I think this is a horrible idea,” Kunis said. “And he went, ‘Cool, we’re investing in it.’ So he didn’t listen to me.”
Kutcher’s early investor status in companies such as Uber, Spotify, and Airbnb has reportedly skyrocketed the value of his venture capital fund A-Grade Investments, which he co-founded in 2010, from some USD 30m to as much as USD 250m over a six-year period. In 2015, he co-founded another VC fund, Sound Ventures.
Kutcher has admitted to being bitcoin’s fan since at least 2013, and in 2018, he said that Sound Ventures had invested into Ripple, praising the companies’ partnership to “support critical causes around the world.”
Some of the actor’s other crypto-related investments via his fund include Lolli, a bitcoin rewards company.
– Mark Cuban, Snoop Dogg, Metakovan & More to Judge NFT Funding Contest
– Binance Boss CZ Only Has Eyes for Bitcoin and BNB
– BBC Features Stories of Traders who Struck it Rich on Bitcoin
– FTX Boss Bankman-Fried Says He Is Worth a ‘Mostly Illiquid’ USD 10B
– Mark Cuban May Be More Involved with Crypto, ‘Shitcoins’ than First Thought
– 10 Superstar Traditional Investors Who Have Endorsed Bitcoin
– SoftBank Boss Glad to Be out of Bitcoin, But His Firm Is Still in the Game
– John Lennon’s Son Says Bitcoin Brings Hope Amid 2020’s ‘Ocean of Destruction’